Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hentai.

Just when I thought Japan couldn't surprise me anymore, that I was completely blase when it came to 'what the fuck' moments, that I was, essentially, too cool for school, along comes Sunday night, smacks me around the head, and leaves me completely gobsmacked. Well, not literally. Thank God.

Robyn and I were walking back from Onomachi station, completely minding our own business, when we noticed this guy who had pulled up on a dark section of the road and appeared to be looking for something on the edge of the rice fields. This is no big deal, people stop for a pee all the time, and being in the country, it certainly wouldn't have been unusual. Kinda gross, but not unusual. However, when walking up to said man, he turns around, and he has pants pulled down at the front and his cock in his hand, and he's certainly not peeing. He just walked to the side of the pavement, so we had to walk past him, holding onto his fella the whole time and leering.
Gross gross creepy pervert.

So mostly I'm just really mad that someone decided that it was ok to do that to me, purely for their own perverted kicks. I feel like I've had a horrible part of Japan exposed that previously I had kind of known about but had chosen to ignore. You hear stories about people and the dirty men that have ogled them in the street, who've felt a hand exactly where it shouldn't be on a peak hour trains, or been warned not to dry your underwear outside because it goes missing, but walking home in the country, you do not expect to be the person who has the story to tell about the man waiting for you to walk past so that he can openly masturbate in front of you.

No comments: