Friday, October 20, 2006

Potty training

Today, on top of being Friday and almost the weekend, holds promise of being a fantastic day. I've made a new and important discovery, although it does make me feel slightly...um...dumb.

It's a discovery that I made early on when I was first in Japan, as I was exploring my school, but it seemed to disappear, never to be found again. I did look again, and again, I searched every floor of the school, but eventually put it down to either imagining it, dreaming about it or making it up after reading about secret rooms and things that disappear ala Harry Potter.

The new fabulous thing in my life? I have found the school's only western toilet.

This makes life just that little bit more pleasant. No more worries about peeing on the bottom of my trousers, no more holding it in because I just don't want to use a squatty, no more coldness on my exposed nether regions in winter.

Simple pleasures, my friends, simple pleasures. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to catch up on...

No comments: