Thursday, September 07, 2006

My lungs are black.

The teacher who sits next to me has obviously just come back from a sneaky cigarette outside the school gates - he's sat down completely oblivious to the cartoon cloud that's currently assaulting the olfactories with a vicious right hook of anyone around him. Having just spent the previous week in Perth, often accompanied by either a glass of wine or a cigarette or quite regularly both, I've unconsciously found myself hoovering up the stench, while trying not to infringe upon the rigorous personal space boundaries that are bound in concrete over here and wishing that I wasn't such a conformist to Japan's sexist attitudes towards women who smoke.

Tomorrow, while I'm in Akashi, I think it's definitely time I went and bought myself a copy of Allan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking.

No comments: